Careers at Gift Funds Canada
Content Marketing & Community Manager
The Opportunity & the Company:
We are seeking an experienced and proven content marketer with a knack for social & community management. As part of the PlanGiv and Gift Funds Canada foundation team, this role provides a unique opportunity for the ideal candidate to take on the challenge of leveraging our impressive growth trajectory by expertly building and executing a content marketing strategy focused on the rapidly expanding Canadian charitable Donor Advised Fund (DAF) market. The successful candidate will be spearheading our “on the ground” marketing and content creation initiatives while collaborating with our charitable foundation team, our management and administration teams and our channels to market (major Canadian financial institutions). The primary objective will be to position and reinforce our brand and our unique value proposition with donors, channels to market, partners, charities and charitable foundations. This is an opportunity to engage with our existing and potential new donors, foster growth and knowledge within our existing channels to market and to attract new channels with value-added offerings and new value propositions most attractive to donors. This is a unique opportunity for someone to grow his or her career by doing exemplary work that will have a meaningful and sustainable impact on the Canadian charitable sector long into the future.
We are a small, lean, highly efficient and effective organization that invests heavily in workplace and client facing automation and in highly skilled & resourceful people. Our next stage of growth will require an aggressive push into the further research & design, implementation and evolution of content and community management (marketing) initiatives through purpose specific and proven marketing and promotion strategies. This will include the establishment of a strong social media presence while leveraging a meaningful online presence for purposes of constituent promotion and differentiation and effective, easily accessible training (knowledge building) for our donor facing partners and for prospective donors.
The company is headquartered in Kingston Ontario.
Create and deliver insightful content. Create community interest and engagement, leverage and promote our value proposition, promote alternative giving strategies enhanced through the use of a DAF, encourage existing donors to consider regularizing gifts to their DAF and new donors to open accounts, promote thought leadership and engage strategic partners through influential curated and creative content while positioning PlanGiv/GFC as go-to experts in deferred gifts and annuities.
- Strive to automate at every opportunity.
- Educate the Canadian market our story, value proposition and brand through marketing communications across a variety of channels, including; digital, social, website, sponsorship, SEO, marketing automation, content marketing, PR, events, and email.
- Design and implement a marketing plan while working closely with our in-house team (and channel partners as required) to ensure effective marketing content creation, dissemination and management.
- Develop a communications strategy for promoting deferred gifts (the go-to experts).
- Develop a communications strategy for positioning our unique ability to analyze, accept and process deferred gifts and gifts in kind (the go-to experts).
- Encourage our existing donor base through the communication of regular useful, opportunistic and knowledge building information programs and a newsletter.
- Initiate an automated online program to thank donors for supporting GFC and for making donations to their DAF accounts.
- Develop and oversee the process for content creation.
- Develop and oversee an editorial calendar and content schedule.
- Outline, research and create and disseminate a variety of engaging content, including website content, blogs, webinars, videos, articles, white papers, and other types of publications for marketing, general information and training purposes.
- Integrate web best practices into processes to optimize content for search and user experience.
- Make content recommendations to internal teams and partners and build consensus through collaboration.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry with both existing customers and partners and potential new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Manage analytics, reporting and dashboards to maximize the social experience for all users; leverage insight to identify opportunities for improvement and rationale for decision-making.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Help coordinate offline community engagement through events and conference participation with support form in-house team (sponsorship, knowledge-based speaking engagements, panel participation, training programs).
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging content marketing trends and their applicability to our marketing needs.
- Evaluate and leverage third-party suppliers in support of collateral needs.
- Manage the French translation process from a content perspective to ensure the accuracy of information and consistency in tone.
Be a Team Player
- At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or workweek to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job or to assist fellow team members in meeting their objectives in the context of achieving corporate goals. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
- University degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or a related field.
- Marketing experience (2+ years); experience in the financial markets in a B2B setting an asset.
- Google Analytics certification and Google Adwords certifications (fundamentals and search preferred but not mandatory).
- Exceptional writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience implementing and managing/administering an effective & innovative B2C & B2B marketing initiative.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail, with proven ability to keep projects on track while balancing competing priorities.
- Proactive with strong project management skills with an understanding of accountability.
- Proven interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to various working styles and functional activities and groups.
- Ability to expertly interpret SEO and other data readings to effectively guide your short and long-term plans.
- Ability to translate strategy into creative insights, campaigns, and collateral.
- Initiative and enthusiasm. You are an energetic and enthusiastic self-starter that is passionate about your ideas and an expert in your field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- We're open to less experienced people if you're smart, intellectually honest and have a desire to learn new things.
What We Offer:
- The challenge and opportunity of joining a rapidly evolving yet stable, financially strong and well-established business in a sector ripe for rapid growth
- Opportunity to work on a social change product with highly recognizable enterprise clients (partners) who together with their clients (donors) have with strong social agendas.
- Opportunity for learning, growth, taking calculated risks and seeing tangible results.
Successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of Canada’s leading Donor Advised Funds organization driving change in the sector. The candidate will work with top-notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunity to learn, contribute and make a difference.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Content Management
- Project Management
- Content Strategy
- Content Marketing
- Content Creation
- Copy Writing and Editing
- Digital Marketing Strategy