Gift Funds Canada is a registered charitable public foundation with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Our mission is to promote and facilitate giving by individuals and organizations while expanding their knowledge in the field of philanthropy in general. We create philanthropic solutions for donors that serve their charitable interests, goals and needs.
Who We Are
Established in 2003, Gift Funds Canada - the Charitable Gift Funds Canada Foundation (CGFCF) is a leading, national, independent sponsor of donor-advised funds. Specializing in the administration of charitable gift funds (CGFs), the Foundation is dedicated to helping donors increase and sustain their charitable giving to deserving organizations across Canada.
CGFCF is an independent, non-profit charitable organization registered as a public foundation with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), and the Quebec Ministry of Revenue.
The Foundation receives and processes charitable contributions from residents of all 10 provinces and three territories. CGFCF provides important administrative and philanthropic services to donors, professional advisors, financial service providers and charities.
- Handles all the charitable gift administration, donor activity and investment reporting, receipting etc. with regard to the charitable gift fund
- Sets policies for asset transfer and liquidation
- Owns all assets gifted by donors
- Develops investment policies that are structured to allow donated funds to be reinvested back with a donor's investment advisor (IA) into one or more of the prudent, pre-approved investment solutions recommended by the client/donor and their advisor
- Reviews donor grant recommendations on a timely basis
- Verifies the tax-exempt status of recipient charities
- Verifies legitimacy of grant recommendations
- Makes grants and authorizes disbursements to qualified donees
- Files CRA and audit information annually
- Offers philanthropic guidance for donors, their professional advisors, dealers and financial service providers
Governance and Administration
Gift Funds Canada is governed by an independent Board of Directors and a management team of professionals each with almost three decades of philanthropic and/or financial industry experience. For a list of current Board members, click here.
We work closely with donors, professional advisors and financial service providers to offer donors charitable gift fund options and grant recommendation opportunities in their fields of interest.
The Foundation undergoes a professional audit each fiscal year prior to filing its annual Information Return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Links to the PDF copies of the most recent audited financial statements are provided below. If you have any questions about the content of the reports or difficulty opening the files, don't hesitate to ask us (firstname.lastname@example.org).